During an artistic practice of nearly two decades, he has had two Solo shows – ‘Inheriting the Earth’ at SSVAD, Santiniketan (2012) and ‘Domicile-Domain-Dominion: Tales of a Changing Land’ at Goethe-Zentrum, Hyderabad (2012). His group shows include ‘Time Warp’, a group show conceptualized by Lina Vincent at Gallery Veda, Chennai, January 2021; ‘Remembering Dinkar Kowshik’ a group show organized by Santiniketan Kala Bhavan Praktoni at Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata, 2019; ‘When the Caged Birds Sings’, organized by Anant Art and Apparao Galleries, The Lodhi, New Delhi, 2018; ‘Shifting Realities’, curated by Pranamita Borgohain and hosted by Anant Art, at Shridharani Art Gallery, New Delhi, 2017; ‘Of Moorings’, organized by Gandhara Art Gallery, Kolkata, 2016; ‘Blurred Gazes- Reflection on Hyderabad from a Distance’ curated by Anja Ellenberger (Germany) at Kalakriti Art Gallery, Hyderabad, 2015; ‘Shifting Selves’ at Ganges Art Gallery, Kolkata, 2015; ‘Art for Cry’ at ICCR, Kolkata, 2014; ‘Papyrus’ curated by Ushmita Sahu at GalleriaM, Kolkata, 2014; ‘Po10tial 3’ at Kalakriti Art Gallery, Hyderabad, 2012; ‘Creative Idioms’ curated by Seema Subbanna, New Delhi, 2012; ‘For Husain at 94’ organized by SAHMAT, New Delhi in 2009; ‘Pastiche’ curated by Aparna Roy at ABS Art Gallery in Vadodara, 2007; ‘Crosscurrents, Crosstalk: A Politics of Location’ curated by Nanak Ganguly, Samokal Art Gallery in Kolkata (2007); ‘An Art Exhibition by Young Contemporaries of Santiniketan’ at Nandan Art Gallery, Santiniketan (2006); ‘Indian Paintings Exhibition’ in Jakarta, Indonesia(2006).
Public Art Project: ‘Memories’, an interactive art project (Number of co-artists:3) displayed at Hyderabad Literary Festival, funded by Goethe-Zentrum, Hyderabad, 2016.
Art Camp/Workshops participated:
Art Camp coordinated by Nanak Ganguly and supported by Tiara Foundation, Goa, 2010.
Curators’ Workshop coordinated by German curator Anja Ellenberger and organized by Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad, 2015.
Curators’ Workshop coordinated by German curator Anja Ellenberger, organized and hosted by Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad and DHI Artspace, Hyderabad, 2017.
Conducted Workshop titled ‘STEP 2018’ at IIIT, Hyderabad, May 2018.
Conducted two Drawing Workshops at Hyderabad Literary Festival, Hyderabad, January 2019.
Curation: He curated an online group exhibition titled ‘Allegories and Voices: Contemporary Drawing as Thought’ hosted by Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad, January – February 2021.
- Sc. from University of Calcutta, Kolkata (1991); B. V. A. from Indian College of Arts and Draftsmanship, Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata (1999); and M. F. A. from Kala Bhavan, Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal (2002).
Awards/Fellowships: He received Junior Fellowship from Govt. of India, New Delhi (2002-04); ‘Artist Dinkar Thopate Award’ from Tilak Smarak Trust, Pune (2005); City Award for Hyderabad from Prafulla Dahanukar Art Foundation, Mumbai (2017).
- A piece of prose along with two drawings published in Ekak Matra, a bi-monthly Bengali magazine, Kolkata, March 2018.
- An article titled ‘Shilpir Ekakitwa’ published in Ekak Matra, a bi-monthly Bengali magazine, Kolkata, September 2018.
- Artwork for ‘cover’ along with 4 drawings published in Ekak Matra (Bengali), Kolkata, Nov 2019.
- Artwork for Book Cover of the book titled ‘Ashai Banche Chasha’ (Bengali) by Anindya Bhattacharya, Upopath, Kolkata, February 2020.
Research Interests: Drawing, Design, Book Art, History of Photography, Curation