Ph.D (Dance)Inter-disciplinary focus
The Department offers a Doctoral Programme in Dance in accordance with UGC norms.
Research scholars are required to complete their mandatory course work before taking up their research work.
The Vision of the Doctoral Programme in Dance is to offer scope for students and scholars to specialize in their chosen niche field of dance. The programme aims at creating new knowledge domain in dance research and related areas both nationally and globally. The programme’s strength lies in building up interdisciplinary, practice based empirical research.
The Department encourages research in the following areas
- Form based Historiography
- Critical Analysis of constructed histories
- Dance Music
- Application based studies that focus on technique and repertoire of the Form
- Text and Practice
- Movement Analysis
- Dance as Cultural embodiment
- Dance and allied areas like Dance Therapy, Fitness, impact on the development of physical and cognitive skills
- Dance pedagogy
- Inter-disciplinary studies